Summary of Kshitij – ISR Committee Activities
To inculcate socially responsible and value-based behavior in the budding mangers, Kshitij – ISR committee of SIIB works towards community development in the diverse areas such as education, environment, waste management and sustainability. With a positive participation from more than 100 students year after year have been working committedly and contributing towards society. All the activities are executed with a proper planning under the supervision of the faculty mentor Dr. Viraja Bhat.
In the Academic Year 21-22 many activities were carried out for the benefit of community and society in collaboration with NGO, industry and community.
- SIC staff children welfare project ( evening Project) has been in in existence for more than ten 10 years( started in 2008 ) wherein the SIIB students tutoring the children ( Age group 5-20)of SIC Class IV staff and surrounding underprivileged every day in the subjects Maths, English, Science and personality development . The impact Assessment of this activity has been carried out and there has been a positive progress in the academic performance of the children.
- In the year 2021-22 Municipal School Team conducted exclusive English Grammar Remedial sessions both offline and online for the school children of Ghodawate School
- In the year 2021-22 Municipal School Team conducted Online Sessions on the subject “ Stress Management “ for the children of Pirangut Science college and Mahatma Phule School.
- NGO Activities – Team participated in various activities in association with the NGO’s – Love care Share and Samajbandh.
- Activities with Industry – E-waste Team virtual visit to Mahalaxmi ERecyclers and a survey for understanding E-waste Awareness.
- Sustainability Projects - To sensitize SIIB students about the contemporary issues and their linkages on business environment a social media campaign on various issues such as E -Waste, Carbon Footprint, water etc. were carried out .
Evening Team Project – Snapshots ( September 2021- March 2022)
Remedial Sessions for English Grammar at Ghodawate School
(Sessions Conducted on 08/03/22, 11/03/22, 14/03/22 & 17/03/22).
Session on Stress Management at Pirangut College conducted on 19.01.2022
Session in collaboration with Love Care Share NGO on the eve of World Peace Day on 21/9/2021
Session in collaboration with SamajBandh NGO on the eve of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October 2021.
Sustainability Campaigns and Pledge taking for Environmental Awareness ( November 2021- February 2022)