Kshitij – ISR Committee Activities 2019-20
To inculcate socially responsible and value based behavior in the budding mangers, Kshitij – ISR committee of SIIB works towards community development in the diverse areas such as education, environment, waste management and sustainability. With a positive participation from more than 100 students year after year have been working committedly and contributing towards society. All the activities are executed with a proper planning under the supervision of the faculty mentor Dr. Viraja Bhat.
In the Academic Year 2019-20 , many activities were carried out for the benefit of community and society in collaboration with NGO, industry and community.
- SIC staff children welfare project ( evening Project) has been in in existence since last ten 10 years( 2008 ) wherein the SIIB students tutoring the children ( Age group 5-20)of SIC Class IV staff and surrounding underprivileged every day in the subjects Maths, English, Science and personality development . The impact Assessment of this activity has been carried out and there has been a positive progress in the academic performance of the children.
- Municipal School teaching activities Hinjewadi Municipal school and Mann Gramphachayati School once a week and help them in English curriculum for std 4th .
- NGO Activities – Team participated in various activities in association with the NGO’s – Love care Share (Blood donation camp), Robin Hood Army (Literacy Program), Samajbandh ( Guest Lecture at SIIB) and Navkshitij (Visit), Center for Yiuth and development – CYDA ( E-waste competition ) and Start up-s event for Water , Sanitisation and Hygiene ( Event participation ) and Greensole ( Shoe collection Drive) .
- Activities with Industry – E-waste Team visit to Mahalaxmi ERecyclers and appreciation letter for the association. Carbon Footprint analysis project was carried out in association with YULU cycles.
- Sustainability Projects - To sensitize SIIB students about the contemporary issues and their linkages on business environment many initiatives such as Waste Management (Foodwaste, E-waste, Water Waste, Carbon Footprint Analysis ) and Agriculture focused projects such as Agri waste management, Pesticide management and Digital Literacy among farmers, SEED treatment and Smart farming were conducted.,
Evening Class by Kshitij Students
Class in Municipal School
Robin Hood Army team
E waste CYDA Event team
Guest lecture by Samaj Bandhan
E waste Award
SIIB team working on Water Conservation