The students, faculties and staff members of the SIIB are entitled to become the members of the library.
- Every borrower has issued 3 Book cards and 1 blue card for back issue of periodical.
- These Library cards are non-transferable.
- The teaching and the non-teaching staff are required to sign in the issue register while issuing or returning the books.
- Sub lending of books and cards is a misuse of membership and strict action can be taken.
- While leaving the library, the users are required to sign the register. If a user is found with a library material not issued to him strict action will be taken.
- Books / Periodicals are issued for a period of 7 days. Any book / Periodical returned after the due date is charged a fine of Rs.5 per day.
- The users should not write or disfigure the library books and due care must be taken in this respect. 4
- The member must check the physical condition of the book or else while returning the book he will be charged to pay for the cost of the book.
- The loss of borrower’s card must be intimated to the Librarian immediately and the user will be issued a duplicate card on payment of Rs.100. The Library staff will not be responsible for misuse of the lost library card of the member.
- Xeroxing of Library Material: Material from reference section may be photocopied by the students with the permission of the Librarian. Request for photocopying the entire book / Journal will not be entertained.
- Use of the Library by the outsiders: Outsiders are not permitted to issue books to take home. They may be allowed to use the reference section on payment of Rs.100/- per day. The Librarian has the discretionary powers to allow / refuse admission to an outsider to use the library and her/his decision shall be deemed final.
USE OF LIBRARY BY OUTSIDERS
- Outsiders will not be allowed to borrow books from the library.
- Space permitting, they may be allowed to use the reference section, on payment of Rs.100/- per day.
- The Librarian has the discretionary powers to admit / refuse admission to an outsider to use the library and his/her decision shall be deemed final.
The entry to the Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB) Library is reserved only for the SIIB students, faculties and staff members. The students have to make an entry in the register or through the PC kept to register their entry record and show their ID cards as and when asked by Library Staff Members.