General rules and regulations for using the Library:
ISSUE OF READERS CARDS
The student would be given 4 cards in all (Only one book / magazine will be issued against each card) 1 Blue Card for the issue of periodical (only back issues) Other 3 Cards for the issue of books. PLEASE NOTE THAT LIBRARY CARDS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
- In case of loss/theft of Readers’ Cards, the Library Staff must be informed immediately.
- Duplicate Readers’ Card would be issued on payment of Rs.100/- per card.
ISSUE OF BOOKS & MAGAZINES
- The timings for issue of books will be Monday to Saturday- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The library will be open from 8.30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on week days and on Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Books / Periodicals are issued for a period of 7 days.
- Any delay in return of the book/periodical will result in a fine of Rs.5/- per day from the scheduled date of return.
- In case of loss or damage of book/magazine, the person concerned would replace the copy of the same as a penalty.
- Return of books before leaving for summers for the stock verification process is mandatory.
- The following books/magazines will not be available for home issuing and will be available only for reading in the SIIB Library.
- Current Newspapers.
- Latest issue of periodicals / Journals
- Reference books
- WTO Publications
PHOTOCOPYING LIBRARY MATERIAL
- The students can photocopy material from Reference books with due permission of the Librarian subject to copyright related laws provided by the publisher.
- Material from books/magazines may be photocopied on the deposit of your Identity Card and subject to copy right laws. Photocopy shop is available at the basement of SIIB Building.
- Request for photocopying the entire book / document will not be entertained.
USE OF LIBRARY BY OUTSIDERS
- Outsiders will not be allowed to borrow books from the library.
- Space permitting, they may be allowed to use the reference section, on payment of Rs.100/- per day.
- The Librarian has the discretionary powers to admit / refuse admission to an outsider to use the library and his/her decision shall be deemed final.
RETURN OF LIBRARY BOOKS & LIBRARY CARDS
Students are required to return all the Books issued to them & the Four Library cards before leaving the Institute after Semester IV. In case the same is not returned money will be deducted from the students’ caution money.
The students, faculties and staff members of the SIIB are entitled to become the members of the library.
- Every borrower has issued 3 Book cards and 1 blue card for back issue of periodical.
- These Library cards are non-transferable.
- The teaching and the non-teaching staff are required to sign in the issue register while issuing or returning the books.
- Sub lending of books and cards is a misuse of membership and strict action can be taken.
- While leaving the library, the users are required to log out from the in-out system. If a user is found with a library material not issued to him strict action will be taken.
- Books / Periodicals are issued for a period of 7 days. Any book / Periodical returned after the due date is charged a fine of Rs.5 per day.
- The users should not write or disfigure the library books and due care must be taken in this respect.
- The member must check the physical condition of the book or else while returning the book he will be charged to pay for the cost of the book.
- The loss of borrower’s card must be intimated to the Librarian immediately and the user will be issued a duplicate card on payment of Rs.100. The Library staff will not be responsible for misuse of the lost library card of the member.