Research Projects and Consultancy :
- Conducted Doctoral Research on “Micro-Enterprise Development: A Study of the Approach, Design and Performance of Selected Interventions in Maharashtra”
- Assisted in a Project by INAFI on exploration of various microfinance approaches of network organisation during session 2011-12 at IRMA.
- Assisted in the project on “Social capital, Trust and Participative public service delivery” of 2nd Administrative Reforms Commission during session 2006-07 at IRMA.
Reviewer of National/International Journals
1. Enterprise Development and microfinance Journal (International Journal, Scopus Indexed )
2. Sage Publication Book on Food retail management.
3. International Journal of Rural Management (Sage Publication, Scopus Indexed, H index: 2).
4. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology (IJARGE).(Inderscience publication, Scopus Indexed, H Index: 12)
5. International Journal of Agricultural Policy and Research (International Journal).
6. International Journal of Training and Development (Wiley Online publication, ScopusIndexed).
7. World Journal of Agricutural Sciences (WJAS).
8. International Journal of Sociology and Anthropology.
9. Journal Prima.
10. Journal of Economics and International Finance
Management Development and Training Programs completed:
- Worked as a resource person for Training of trainer (TOT) on livelihood development for BAIF.
- Arranged entrepreneurship development programme in collaboration with World Trade centre Mumbai (WTC) and EDI, Bhubaneswar in August 2015.
Papers presented in Conferences:
Nisha Bharti (2016). “Promoting Agribusiness through Microenterprise: A comparative study of Holistic and Building Human Capital Approach”, Presented paper at International conference on Agribusiness in Developing economies at IRMA in January 2016.
Nisha Bharti and Asmita Chitnis (2016). “Size and Efficiency of MFIs: A Data envelopment analysis of Indian MFIs, Presented paper at International conference on Agribusiness in Developing economies at IRMA in January 2016.
Nisha Bharti and Dilip Kajale (2013). “Marketing strategies for millet and millet products in India”, presented paper at “Global Millet Meet” Hyderabad on 18-20th December 2013.
Presented a paper on “Disparities in SHG Bank Linkage Programme: A Case Study of Tamil Nadu” in an International conference on Microfinance at Pondicherry university dated 23-25th January 2008.
Presented a paper on “Theories of entrepreneurship and enterprise in the context of Micro entrepreneurship and Microenterprise” at an International conference at IISC Bangalore dated 25-27th Oct 2007.
Presented a paper in a national conference organized by IFEEL institute on “Microenterprise Development Interventions: Case Studies from Maharashtra” dated 26th-27th November 2011.
Presented a paper in a national conference organised by Indian School of Microfinance for Women on “Promotion of Leadership among Women Microentrepreneurs in India: Issues and Challenges” dated 11-12th August 2008.
Presented a paper in a national conference organized by Indian Association of Social Science Institutes on “Microenterprise Development: Experiences and Possibilities” dated 11-12th January 2008.
Presented a paper in a National seminar at GLA Institute of Business Management, Mathura on the topic “Role of Microfinance in Financing Microenterprise” dated 25th August 2007.
Presented a paper in 7th Biennial conference at Entrepreneurship development Institute (EDI) on “Microfinance and Sustainable Microentrepreneurship Development” dated 21-23rd March 2007.
Nisha Bharti (2009). “Balancing the Social and Economic Objectives of Microfinance Interventions” Network, Volume 12, Issue 4.
Nisha Bharti (2007). “Microfinance and microfinance Institutions in India: Issues and challenges”’ Network, Volume 11, Issue 2.
Thomas, Manoj and Nisha Bharti (2006).“Social Capital, trust and Participative Service Delivery: A Brief Review of Literature”, Summary note prepared as part of the project on Social Capital, trust and Participative Service Delivery’, undertaken for the 2nd Administrative Reforms Commission, Government of India, New Delhi and included in the course material of Strategic issues in Development Organisation at IRMA during the session 2007-09.
Honours, Awards, Achievements:
Received fellowship from Microfinance Management Institute, USA for doctoral study from IRMA.
Selected as a reviewer for 5 international journals working in the areas of Agriculture and rural development.